Imagine taking on challenges that make a difference in the world, solving problems and working with people, connecting them with information through the use of technology. That’s IST.
IST is video gaming, medical information, business management, and government security. It’s people coming together with the technology that we all use every day. IST means:
- Figuring out how people use technology, at work or just for fun.
- Taking information from businesses and analyzing it to find solutions.
- Creating and managing information systems to help industry and government agencies stop hackers, identity thieves, and other cyber criminals.
- Keeping information from lots of places organized so that companies can keep moving forward.
- Helping doctors and researchers use technology to manage information about diseases and helping hospitals and health insurance agencies keep track of patient information.