What is a transfer (advanced standing) student? | College of Information Sciences and Technology
Close Open

Please Update Your Browser.

It is recommended that you update your browser to the latest version to view the website's full experience.


What is a transfer (advanced standing) student?

You are here

An applicant that has earned a high school diploma or GED and has attempted 18 or more semester hours of college coursework at a regionally accredited college/university subsequent to high school graduation before enrolling at Penn State. Attendance at any other institution must be reported at the time of application. Failure to indicate, at the time of application, previous registration at another college or university may result in refusal or cancellation of admission.