All requests should be emailed to an assistant or associate dean based on your role in the college and the purpose for which you are requesting the data. The goal is for the individual receiving the request to have some insight into the intended use of the data.
Requests should include:
- A clear description of the data you need with as much detail as you can provide.
- A clear indication of whether the data is needed:
- Regularly. lndicate when the data is needed (e.g., week X of each semester, every year after the fall census is complete, after the completion of spring classes)
- A clear statement as to why the data is needed and how the data will be used (e.g., the process or decisions it will impact)
Each request will be reviewed by the appropriate assistant/associate dean receiving to gather additional details and categorize the request as representing data that is:
- Required: The data is required for the individual submitting the request to do their job.
- Useful: The data is clearly connected to the individual’s responsibilities and may enhance how tasks are completed.
- Other: The data appears to be unrelated to the individual’s responsibilities or is related, but there is no clear indication of how the data would allow tasks to be completed more effectively by having the data.
The assistant/associate dean receiving the request will then work with the director of Information Technology to get the request into an appropriate queue.
- Required requests will be added to the primary queue with its position based on the urgency of the request.
- Useful requests will be added to a secondary queue of tasks to be addressed if, and only if, all tasks in the primary queue are complete.
- Other requests will not be forwarded at this time.