The Information Sciences and Technology minor is structured to provide students with the theoretical frameworks and skill sets necessary to compete and be productive in the information technology-intensive global context that defines the new Information Age.
Specifically, the minor will be focused on a program that will build an understanding of core information technologies and related areas of study; will prepare students for the practical application of various information sciences and related technologies; and engage students in sharpening their abilities to think critically and to work in teams. All this will be done with the intent to expose students to the cognitive, social, institutional, and global environments of information sciences and technology and to then apply that knowledge as a supplement to their major.
View additional details and requirements on the University Bulletin.
- IST 110: Information, People & Technology
- IST 210: Organization of Data
- IST 220: Networking & Telecommunications
Select one course from:
- IST 250: New Media & the Web
- IST 301: Information & Organizations
- IST 302: IT Project Management
Select two courses from:
- IST 402: Emerging Issues & Technologies
- IST 431: Information Environment
- IST 432: Legal & Regulatory Environment of IST
Office of Undergraduate Academic Advising
E103 Westgate Building
University Park, PA 16802