Undergraduate students are encouraged to use all available resources to help them make the most of their Penn State experience. This includes reviewing suggested academic plans, understanding entrance to major requirements, and staying informed of curricular changes. Academic advisers work in partnership with each student to help them meet these requirements and make informed decisions in line with their goals and interests. Learn more about expectations and preparation for meeting with your academic adviser.
Students should meet with their assigned adviser at least once a semester for academic planning, though students planning to study abroad or pursue a concurrent major may need to meet with their adviser multiple times in one semester. Advisers will be offering 30-minute Zoom and in-person appointments for the fall semester.
Drop-In Advising | Fall 2022
All drop-in advising appointments for the fall semester will be held in-person in E103 Westgate Building. These sessions, capped at 10 minutes in length, are available at the times listed below for quick questions that do not require a scheduled appointment.:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Thursdays from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Major Requirements and Plans
- Cybersecurity Analytics and Operations (CYAOP)
- Data Sciences (DATSC APPDS)
- Enterprise Technology Integration (ETCHI)
- Human-Centered Design and Development (HCDD)
- Information Sciences and Technology (ISTBS)
- Security and Risk Analysis (SRA)
IST Policies and Procedures
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Warning
- Change of Campus
- Change of Major
- Concurrent Majors
- Entrance to Major Exception
- Graduating Students
- Independent Study
- Undergraduate Research