Students can schedule meetings with staff in the college's various Academic Services offices to get the information, resources, and guidance they need to be successful. Use the resources below to schedule an appointment.
Undergraduate Academic Advising
Fall 2023 | Scheduled Appointments
To schedule an appointment with your assigned academic adviser (for students in the College of IST):
- Visit Starfish and click on "Home"
- Find “My Success Network” in the navigation pane.
This will show you all your instructors and adviser. You can make an appointment with your adviser from their Individual profiles.
- Click "Schedule Appointment" link.
Calendar (left-hand side) will show dates with open appointment times. Days in bold-face are the ones available for scheduling.
- Click the + icon next to the appointment time that fits your schedule.
- Select a reason for the appointment.
- Type a detailed description for the meeting to help the adviser best prepare for the meeting.
If none of the available appointments work with your schedule, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability and someone will contact you directly to schedule an appointment.
Fall 2023 | Drop-In Advising
Drop-in advising appointments for the fall semester will be held at the times and formats below. These sessions, capped at 10 minutes in length, are available at the times listed below for quick questions and are not meant for long-term planning.
Drop-in advising is intended for students in the College of IST and for students from other colleges wanting to discuss IST majors and/or minors.
Regular Fall Drop-Ins
- Mondays - 9-11 a.m. (online via Zoom only) and 1:30-3:30 p.m. (in person only, E103 Westgate Building) Afternoon Drop-Ins are cancelled on December 11, 2023 in the afternoon (1:30- 3:30 p.m.) .
- Tuesdays - 9-11 a.m. and 1:30-3:30 p.m. (in person only, E103 Westgate Building)
- Wednesdays - 1:30-3:30 p.m. (in person only, E103 Westgate Building)
- Thursdays - 1:30-3:30 p.m. (in person only, E103 Westgate Building)
- Friday- December 8, 2023 only- 9-11 a.m. (online via Zoom, E103 Westgate Building)
Winter Break (December 18, 2023- January 1, 2024) Drop-Ins will be closed.
Fall 2023 | Scheduled Appointments
To schedule an appointment with a career coach in the Office of Career Solutions and Corporate Engagement:
- Visit Starfish
- Search for "Information Sciences Career Solutions" in the services section
- Click on "Schedule an Appointment" on the left-hand side if you are looking for first available appointments
- Click on the three dots next to a career coach name to find their availability
- Then click on "Career Coaching" to see the available times
If none of the available appointments work with your schedule, email email@example.com with your availability and someone will contact you directly to schedule an appointment.
Fall 2023 | Career Drop-Ins
Both virtual and in-person career drop-in appointments are available to students as noted below. These sessions, capped at 10 minutes in length, are available for quick questions, resume reviews, LinkedIn profile reviews, and any other brief questions. They are not meant for long-term planning.
- Wednesdays - 12:00-2:00 p.m. (in-person only - Westgate 2nd floor hallway)
- Wednesdays - 2:00-4:00 p.m. (online via Zoom only)
Inclusion and Diversity Engagement
To schedule an appointment with a team member from the Office of Inclusion and Diversity Engagement, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To schedule an appointment to discuss co-curricular opportunities that enhance your classroom learning, such as student organizations, student ambassador programs, and other leadership development opportunities with a team member from the Office of Student Engagement, visit ist.psu.edu/engage/meet.
If you have questions about course registration, comprehensive exams, final exam scheduling, degree requirements, or other matters, contact email@example.com to request a virtual or phone appointment.
World Campus Students
Current undergraduate students should contact their Penn State World Campus academic adviser with specific program questions, which can be found in LionPATH. For academic and student services, students should visit the World Campus website.
Current graduate students can contact the Office of Graduate Programs for program-related questions. Information related to financial aid, technical support, and other student support items can be found on the World Campus website.