The Outstanding Alumni Award is the highest honor bestowed by the College of Information Sciences and Technology at Penn State upon its graduates. The award recognizes IST alumni who have demonstrated a record of outstanding accomplishments and who have made significant contributions leveraging their expertise and knowledge gained through their degree.
- Recognize outstanding alumni for their professional accomplishments and highlight the impact of IST alumni.
- Foster and cultivate a relationship between alumni and the College of Information Sciences and Technology.
- Provide enhanced opportunities for faculty, staff, and students to interact with accomplished alumni.
- Individuals who have received an undergraduate or graduate degree from the College of Information Sciences and Technology at Penn State.
- Individuals who have made a significant professional impact in their field.
Nomination and Selection Process
- Nominations must be submitted through the online form by May 1.
- Nominations can be submitted by Penn State faculty, staff, alumni, friends and students.
- Up to three outstanding alumni will be selected as awardees in June for the academic year. Awardees will be notified shortly after the selection process.
- The college’s Alumni Relations and Stewardship Officer will schedule a visit to campus for the award recipient(s). This will normally happen in coordination with the fall semester and will allow the college to formally recognize the award recipient(s) while allowing the recipient(s) to interact with faculty, staff, and students.
If you have any questions please contact Kim Woodward, alumni relations and stewardship coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (814) 865-6459.