The mission of the Office of Teaching, Learning, and Assessment is to support and enrich the teaching-learning process in undergraduate, graduate, residential, and online programs offered by the College of IST. We do this in two primary ways:
- supporting instructors in their efforts to design, develop, deliver, and assess courses and experiences that encourage deep, meaningful, long-term learning
- engaging students as active, informed, life-long learners who will lead in solving problems
Our services include providing:
- teaching support for online, residential, undergraduate, and graduate courses
- professional development for new and experienced faculty teaching in the College of IST
- course planning, consultation, and assessment
- a teaching development program for doctoral Teaching Assistants, Master’s Instructional Assistants, and undergraduate Learning Assistants
- learning enrichment and support for undergraduate students, including tutoring, learning assistants, and student disability testing rooms
Additionally, we oversee the Office of Learning Design which primarily supports the design of undergraduate, graduate, and certificate courses in the blended and distance environments, with additional support for residential courses.
For information about instructional, course, and curriculum resources for faculty, visit teaching.ist.psu.edu. For information about course, curriculum, and learning resources for students, visit learning.ist.psu.edu.