The College of IST's Human Resources team aims to attract and retain top-quality faculty and staff. We accomplish this by creating a work environment that values and supports students, faculty, and staff while pledging ourselves to workforce diversity and promoting professional development.
In addition, our team manages and provides guidance on the following matters:
- providing consultation and support to faculty and staff
- ensuring compliance with Penn State policies and procedures
- coordination of Visa process (J-1, H-1B, Permanent Residents, etc.)
- salary administration and staffing
- collaboration with Central HR on recruitment, onboarding, job analysis, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and talent management
- providing guidance on staff recruitment and search committees
Faculty and staff are encouraged to use the self-service feature within HR Shared Services (814-865-1473 or submit an inquiry), the University-wide approach to helping employees, retirees, and prospective employees with their HR needs. Examples include: benefits explanations; entering time or time off; updating withholdings, your address, or contact information; questions about a task in Workday; and many others. If you have questions for the College of IST's Human Resources team, contact us at email@example.com.
- Annual Performance Management
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Employee Resources (Current, Family, and Prospective)
- Central Human Resources
- Leave of Absence (to include FMLA) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request to Review Personnel Records
- Talent Management (Learning Resource Network)