The Office of Faculty Affairs is responsible for all aspects of administration pertaining to faculty. The office works with the Office of the Dean and is responsible for promotions, leaves, annual reviews, and other matters involving faculty appointments and activities. Additionally, we provide administrative support to faculty by maintaining an inventory of and issuing office supplies, and purchasing goods and equipment.
The Office of Faculty Affairs also provides support and oversight for the following:
The protection of employees, students, and visitors at Penn State is of paramount importance. Please take a moment to review this important information. It is important to be familiar with what you would do in the event of a fire or another situation that requires immediate evacuation.
- Information on Building Evacuation from the Office of Environmental Health and Safety.
- In Case of Emergency
In any emergency situation, you should call 911 as soon as possible. The phone number for University Police and Public Safety is 814-863-8111 (or 3-1111 from a campus phone).
Both 911 and 814-863-8111 will work for University Park campus emergencies.
- PSUAlert emergency notification system
- Emergency Management website
- Emergency Action Guides for specific events
- Active Shooter Policy SY41
- Online Training for Active Shooter
- IST Building Evacuation Maps
- IST Safety Monitors
- Chao-Hsien Chu
- Dongwon Lee
- Sarah Rajtmajer, Alternate
- Representative, Subcommittee on Fellowships and Awards - Carleen Maitland
- Representative, Subcommittee on New and Revised Programs and Courses - Frank Ritter
- Representative, Subcommittee on Program Review and Evaluation - Fred Fonseca
Ombudsperson and Exit Interview Officer
All IST faculty members are strongly encouraged to obtain their personal Penn State Purchasing Card for goods and services and for travel. Faculty members are required to complete paperwork for group meal forms, purchasing card support forms, and travel forms.
All faculty and students traveling internationally must register with the Travel Safety Network before departure.
- Travel Request Form
- Employee Travel Reimbursement Form - DOMESTIC
- Employee Travel Reimbursement Form - FOREIGN
- Taxability of International Travel
- Group Meal/Group Meeting Support Form
- Purchasing Card Support Form
- Purchasing Card Lost or Unobtainable Receipt Form
- IST Office of Research
- Tax Exemption Information
- Travel Support Form Checklist.docx
- Non Employee Information Form
For further information and forms please visit the IST Intranet.
For information on space requests, parking, keys, key card and system access please contact the Office of Facilities.